Wednesday, December 9, 2009

BLACKer the BERRY the sweeter the juice.... 9700, Onyx, Bold,

As my previous entries showed, I have been anticipating on purchasing or shall I say upgrade to the newer model of Blackberry. I recently signed up for a 2-year contract with ATT and received a new Blackberry 9700 aka Bold 2 aka Onyx for free.

This is my attempt on reviewing the new device.

Personally, after unlocking 7 Blackberry not long ago for my friend before my Asia trip I fell inlove with the trackpad the new addition to the blackberry, well it was more so a change than an addition.

Blackberry dropped the idea of the Trackball and replaced it with the trackpad... it is much comparable or the idea of Magic Mouse, you know the mouse for Apple users. Anyways, I think the trackpad was a better direction and appeasement for the users.

Being on EDGE network on my previous Curve 8310 the data transfer sucks balls, but with 3G i get everything pretty much in real time as I should be. Everything about the 9700 is unmatchable to my previous model, after all it was Curve vs. Bold... the bold was just far superior to my curve.

I like how the device isnt true to its name and is actually slimmer than the previous Bold the 9000. The keyboard took a bit of getting used to, but it was manageable...

I was worried about the battery life at first, since I heard 3G coverage tend to eat up battery life... but this isnt the case for me even when I use my phone for twitter, facebook, emails, text, and occasional web browsing.

I turned off the wifi simply because i wouldnt be needing it too much so it might be cause of that.

I am not familiar at the old Bold 9000 so I cant tell the difference on some of its features, but I do know that the video and photo have improved drastically from the zoom function to its clarity.

I've had the phone for about a week now and I am still exploring and learning the phone a bit more... I am not the biggest technology buff and I only got the phone because I was getting sick of the trackball getting stuck and my USB port being broken. It was long overdue and I just had to do it and I am glad that I did.

No comments: